DanPatrick.com: Kobe Bryant joined the show to talk about the state of the Lakers, his health, Phil Jacskon and more. Here are some of his takes:
– Dan asked Kobe if Mike D’Antoni deserves another year in L.A.: “I don’t know. It’s been tough on him. He’s been dealing with so many injuries. I don’t know if he’s gotten a fair shake.”
– Kobe on Phil Jackson taking a front-office job with the Knicks: “I wasn’t surprised by it. I knew that was going to happen. He and I had breakfast together [a week and half ago]. … There’s only but so much meditation a person can do all day.”
Bryant said the Lakers did not jump in at the last second to pursue Jackson before he went to New York.
– Kobe said that if the team was doing well enough he could play right now.
– Kobe on what he’ll be like when he returns: “I personally think you’re going to see the Kobe you’re used to seeing. … I’ve never had a year with this much time off to recover and rest and get stronger.”
– Kobe on Carmelo Anthony: “He’s won a championship at Syracuse. He has that championship DNA in him.”
– Kobe is helping promote Healthcare.gov and compared President Obama’s game to former Nugget and Bullet guard Michael Adams and former Celtic Tiny Archibald.